Gentle Reminders

posted on: Friday, October 4, 2013

I had coffee (which turned into lunch) with Rachel, a good friend of mine, today. One of the things that I value about our time together is that I am able to be so honest in our conversations about the current state of my life. (It's not a great time right now but thankfully I am an eternal optimist so as far as I'm concerned it's still not bad. Just... trying.) In our conversation I mentioned author and speaker Brené Brown as someone that she should look into. This wasn't just something that popped into my head at that moment because I had been thinking about the Ted Talks that Brown gave after the last time Rachel and I met; her talk on vulnerability in particular because I realized that this characteristic was something that is very much a part of our friendship. When I got home I re-watched both Ted Talks and thought they deserved a post. I would also highly suggest her books. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Ambitious Execution All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger