Ambitious Reads: October

posted on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013


Reading has always been one of my favorite past times. I find nothing more soothing than curling up under the covers with a cup of tea and a good book and I'm not picky about what kind of book. I have books on my shelves from (almost) every genre be it history, fantasy, self-help, memoir, mystery, politics... you get the picture.

October is my second favorite month of the year and it has always been a big deal in my family ever since I can remember; my mom's birthday is on Halloween so come October 1st it's all witches and ghouls for us. For my October reading list I decided that I would keep with the Halloween theme; even though the stories are not related to the holiday itself they all fall somewhere on the creepy scale and are worthy of the occasion. 


October TBR

The Haunting of Hill House and We Have Always Lived in the Castle; these are two classics written by Shirley Jackson who was well known for her gothic style horror writing. 

The Bloody Chamber: and Other Stories by Angela Carter. This is full of dark retellings of fairy tales. 

Dracula by Bram Stoker. The classic. I haven't read it. Yet. 

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill. This is his first novel and I've read some great reviews and since all of my other choices are classics I decided I wanted a newer release. 

All in all I think this is going to be a great reading month. Do you have any reading plans for the month? 

2 comments:

  1. You haven't read Dracula!? That's the only one I've read, and I try to read it once a year during a big thunderstorm. It's a classic. I have a copy if you need to borrow it. As for my reading plan for the month, I'm trying to get through all of my self help books including; Quiet and 48 days to the work you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, I know... I feel like there are some classics that I haven't read that I hold onto like a dirty little secret, Dracula being one of them. Oh the shame! :)

      Delete

Ambitious Execution All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger